Exercise: We all know the benefits of a focused exercise regimen.
Diet: We all know the benefits of eating right.
MyEKC: We also know the benefits of working on your business. And yet…
- Most people are not as fit as they would like.
- Most people are not as healthy as they would like.
- Most companies are not as efficient or effective as heads of companies would like.
It really is all the same. Having the discipline to do the things that you know will make a real difference in life and in your business. A successful MyEKC implementation really follows the disciplines described in the book “The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People” by Steven Covey:
- Be proactive – Your life doesn’t just “happen.” Whether you know it or not, it is carefully designed by you. Being proactive is about taking responsibility for your life. If you really want to become a system driven business with your vision in mind, you must take action.
- Begin with the end in mind – Knowing what your business will look like when you are done, takes the ability to envision in your mind what you cannot at present see with your eyes. Before you can expect your people to do it, you have to be able to visualize it.
- Put first things first – To live a more balanced existence, you have to recognize that not doing everything that comes along is okay. “You’re in charge. You’re the creator.” Creation is about life management, as well your purpose, values, roles and priorities. If you are going to create a system driven business, it has to be a priority.
- Think win-win – Win-win sees life as a cooperative arena, not a competitive one. Win-win means agreements or solutions that are mutually beneficial and satisfying. MyEKC is really all about a “win-win” relationship with your team! A business that is more successful, more organized, with more clarity and purpose, will more securely serve the lives of all.
- Seek first to understand and then be understood – Communication is the most important skill in life. MyEKC, as the business communication tool, has been designed to also allow fo feedback. Its principals are based on knowing what is true (t understand). For example…What system process failed? Was it a lack of clarity? A lack of training? Or a poorly designed system process?
- Synergize – Synergize is the habit of creative cooperation. It is teamwork, open-mindedness, and the adventure of finding new solutions to old problems. Every time you ask a person to “accept” a system process, you are inviting them to bring all their personal experience and expertise to the table. You are inviting their input and together, you will produce far better results.
- Sharpen the saw – Covey concludes by stressing that you must constantly work toward preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have: you! MyEKC stresses that you also must constantly work toward preserving and enhancing the asset that provides for the life you want to live: your business. Both take having balanced program for renewal. Feeling good or having a business that embraces your vision doesn’t just happen. MyEKC is designed to facilitate constant renewal; new processes, innovations, growth, new positions, new departments, new people, new policies, new visions…
Just like regular exercise and eating a healthy diet take discipline, so does creating a system driven business. Set meaningful and realistic goals and celebrate your successes!